Triumph Motorcycles up the performance in 2016 Street Triple models.
The popular Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R have been given an extensive rework for 2016.
The biggest change comes under the seat with Triumph adding a new 1050cc triple engine that delivers both more power and more torque across the whole rev range, yet fuel consumption in the new 2016 models drops by up to 10%.
2016 Triumph Street Triple S and Street Triple R Model Highlights:
- New engine with 104 developments with increased torque throughout the rev range.
- New rider-focused technology including riding modes, switchable ABS and switchable Traction Control.
- New styling including all new twin headlamps and all new bodywork.
- Significantly narrower engine/radiator package giving 20mm narrower stand-over.
- Brembo monoblock calipers as standard.
- R features bellypan, carbon bodywork inserts and front mudguard, billet finishers and Ohlins suspension front and rear.
- Four NEW colourways – Phantom Black and Diablo Red on the Speed Triple S, Crystal White and Matt Graphite on the Speed Triple R.
Still meeting Euro 4 regulations, the engine also benefits from a smaller, more efficient radiator and a new free-flowing exhaust that has a 70% increase in flow rate. Street Triple S and Street Triple R buyers also get five distinct riding modes to choose from – Road, Rain, Sport, Track and a new programmable mode.
While performance has also been optimized through the introduction of an ECU coupled to an adjustable Ride-by-Wire throttle with selectable throttle maps.
Topping off the changes being introduced by Triumph, the 2016 models also get slightly tweaked styling, including all new twin headlamps and all new bodywork.